Sunday, July 17, 2016
This is the second release of a brand-new tool called GMEV, a new way to evaluate General Managers in the NHL. Simply pick which GM you want to look at on the left and pick the statistical category you want to view on the right.
- This is still a work-in-progress. There will be many features added as time goes on.
- Obviously General Managers do much more than just what this tool has at this time. This is meant to be an introduction into how we evaluate their trades, free agent signings, draft picks, coaching decisions and contract decisions. Much more work is to come.
- This is for seasons 2007-08 through 2015-16, including a "view all" option.
- GM's are given "credit" for a player's statistics if they were the ones who acquired them and that player is still on the team in which he was acquired on. (For example: David Poile would get credit for Seth Jones' statistics up until he was traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Doug Armstrong would get credit for Jamie Benn's statistics as Armstrong was the one who drafted him to the Stars.)
- Only GM's who have "credit" for at least five acquired players are included.
Planned Future Additions:
- Salary information, including a "contracts handed out" feature.
- Expanding the "Players Lost" data to include people lost to waivers and free agency.
- Coaching Hiring/Firing
- Goaltender Data
If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to reach out to me on Twitter (@jordan_dix) or by email (email@example.com).
Thank you and I hope you enjoy!